Skip to main content

Yorkie Birthday Card

This card I created for my mothers birthday. She has been a yorkie owner my whole life. This card was actually a lot of fun to make, and she absolutely loved it. The image is a stamp called Yorkshire Terrier Dog Rubber Stamp, Yorkie with Grocery Shopping Card, Sold by: Rubberhedgehog Rubber Stamps, you can find it on Amazon. The image was colored with a mix of colored pencils and gel pens. The image was stamped on a very light color designed paper, and both the image, and the background frame were cut with a die. The decorative papers in the background came from Michaels. The flowers were another die I used, however I used a thicker card stock, and honestly wasn't really that happy with them. I used some decorative pearls in the flowers and on the piece of ribbon. For the Happy Birthday saying I used my Silhouette and Silhouette pens, then cut it out by hand.
I've only been playing with stamping and card making for a couple months. I thoroughly enjoy it, and enjoy giving my family and friends something unique to them, that I hand crafted. I've spent a great deal of time, reading and learning from others, and am always seeking ways to learn more, to better myself, and my cards. My cards aren't perfect, but neither am I :-) I'm also new to blogging, but I wanted to put my cards out there for others to see, so that maybe they can get some ideas too.


~Chantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male Birthday Card

This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel