Skip to main content

Fathers Day Card

Another Fathers Day card I made this year. This one was for my husband. I made it on a yellow blank card. For the background I used white card stock. I found an image of the tools on Google, and used it in my Silhouette program. I slightly etched the paper, then used the Silhouette pens to draw over the etch. Looks awesome in person, photo not so much. The two papers on top of that were some that I got at Michaels. The tools design on the front I also found on Google. I printed it up, and colored it using gel pens, the silver color sparkles!!! After that I hand cut it out (razor blade....lots of fun...o.k. not really, but it came out cute!) After the tools were colored and cut, I used gloss Modge Podge and painted over the whole tools image, and let it dry. I used some foam tape to attach the tools. For the wording I again used my Silhouette (LOVE MY SILHOUETTE!!!) I used red vinyl. I wasn't so sure about this card, but my husband ended up loving it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male Birthday Card

This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel