Created this Fathers Day card using an image I found on a google search. My step father loves trains, so I looked for an image that had a train drawing in black and white. I used my silhouette cameo to draw the train out, and colored it using colored pencils and gel pens. I used double sided foam tape to secure it to the card. I then cut a circle of bronze colored vinyl to frame the train. I also used my silhouette to cut the vinyl. If you look above the card, you can see the bottom of the envelope, on this I also used my silhouette, and silhouette pens. The image I found another simple train and track image on a google search. The Happy Fathers Day I stamped and then embossed.
This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

Comments
Post a Comment