Skip to main content

Male Birthday Card


This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years though. Figured I would try them out for this. It came out....okay. I don't think I'll be using them again. The red paper is a red card stock that I got from Michaels, and the three metal embellishments I also got from Michaels. Okay onto the coolest part of this card...okay what I think is cool...the background!!! Diamond plate <3 This is actually a piece of vinyl! I have used it in a few cards before, and love the way it looks. I purchased it from https://expressionsvinyl.com/
but they no longer carry it. They are still my go to for most of my vinyl needs though. You can find the same type of vinyl I used on this card from this link though... https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Plate-Vinyl-Sheet-Simple/dp/B009WXK8MG?th=1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel