Skip to main content

Thinking of you card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamp Ladybird


Yay it's Thursday!!! For most it's just the day before Friday, but for me it IS my Friday!!! This has been a long work week, so I'm glad to see it come to an end. Okay now onto this Thinking of You card I created.
I used my Santoro Gorjuss Stamp - Ladybird. I stamped her onto white cardstock and then colored her in with colored pencils. I also used a black gel pen for the dots on her dress and her shoes. After I completed her coloring I hand cut her out (razor blade). I also decided to cut out the outer layer of her dress and used a glitter yellow cardstock in its place. I secured it together with double sided tape. The background papers are both from a pad of scrapbook paper from Michaels. I've had it so long, and have used it so much, that I no longer have the cover, so I can't tell you which pad it came from. One I cut the full size of the card, and the second I just did a wide strip. I then added a medium width silk ribbon. It's been in a drawer for a long time, so it was kind of wrinkled. I should have ironed it out, but honestly, I was lazy and didn't want to. :-) The sentiment is a pretty stamp that I lucked out and found at the Thrift store. Hard to believe some people donate their art and crafting supplies!! Yay me!!! :-) I attached everything other than the girl together with double sided tape, to attach Ladybird to the card I used foam tape. I love foam tape, and the dimension it gives.

~Happy Crafting~
Chantel



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male Birthday Card

This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel