Skip to main content

Mad Hatter Spray Paint Art

This piece of art I created to enter into a contest. The contest rules was you had to create something using Oramask 813 Stencil Film purchased from  https://expressionsvinyl.com/. I didn't win the contest :'-( but had fun making this piece anyway. What I used was a piece of semi smooth wood approximately 24"x18". I purchased the wood at Home Depot. The silhouette of the Mad Hatter (The Johnny Depp version) I found online. I transferred the silhouette into my Silhouette program, traced it in the program, and cut it with my Cameo. The Wording at the bottom is one of the scripts that came with my Silhouette program. I also cut it out with my Cameo. I then weeded the whole thing....it took a lot of time, but I think was worth it. I weeded it backwards, so there would be no film in the areas that I wanted the design to show. The only stencil I left was the stencil in the negative areas. Reason being this was to be applied to the wood and spray painted. First I added two base coats of white spray paint to the wood, when it was dry I transferred the Stencil Film to the wood using transfer tape. I then removed the transfer tape, taped up all of the edges with painters tape, then spray painted the design with black spray paint. I used two coats, and did not allow it to dry completely before removing the stencil. The reason you don't want it to try completely is because if it does and you remove your stencil the paint will peel up with it. So it's a little messy, and you have to be very careful, but well worth the effort. When it was completely dry I went in with glitter acrylic paint and touched up his eyes, and a few of the letters.

Happy Crafting!

~Chantel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male Birthday Card

This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel