Skip to main content

Ariela Mermaid Card

This card I created using a beautiful image from Conie Fong, called Ariela Mermaid. You can purchase the image here https://www.etsy.com/listing/477134937/sale-digital-stamp-digi-stamp-digistamp?ref=related-4 and it's on sale for only $2.50!!! If you've never seen Coni Fong's art, you are in for a delight. She is absolutely amazing!!!
I printed the image onto water color paper, then used water color pencils to color her in. I didn't go over the whole image with water, because for me, it gets too blurry, so only in the areas that I really wanted to darken up, and I used the water and brush sparingly. To cut her out, and the back ground boarder I used the Hunulu 8 pcs Metal Ellipse Cutting Dies Stencils that I purchased from Amazon. I really do like the way these dies cut, and they are priced low, which helps...a lot. My background paper...I wish I could tell you what background paper I used, but I honestly can't remember. It was a pack that I'd purchased from Michaels. The saying was printed onto a pink cardstock and cut using
another die. The flowers were  also a die for rolled flowers. I tried to find the information on the last two dies I used so I could share it with you, but could not find the information. I'm sure you could find similar on Amazon, they have just about everything right? :-) On the side I used some thin ribbon, and tied a bow. Pretty simple, and my friend loved it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male Birthday Card

This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Mad Hatter Spray Paint Art

This piece of art I created to enter into a contest. The contest rules was you had to create something using Oramask 813 Stencil Film purchased from    https://expressionsvinyl.com/ . I didn't win the contest :'-( but had fun making this piece anyway. What I used was a piece of semi smooth wood approximately 24"x18". I purchased the wood at Home Depot. The silhouette of the Mad Hatter (The Johnny Depp version) I found online. I transferred the silhouette into my Silhouette program, traced it in the program, and cut it with my Cameo. The Wording at the bottom is one of the scripts that came with my Silhouette program. I also cut it out with my Cameo. I then weeded the whole thing....it took a lot of time, but I think was worth it. I weeded it backwards, so there would be no film in the areas that I wanted the design to show. The only stencil I left was the stencil in the negative areas. Reason being this was to be applied to the wood and spray painted. First I add...