Skip to main content

Alice in Wonderland-Stencil Art

I created this piece to go along with the one I did of the Mad Hatter. It is also made out of a piece of semi smooth wood approximately 24"x18". I also purchased this piece of wood at the same time as the one for the Mad Hatter. It was one piece that I had them cut for me. I then took it home and spray painted the whole thing with two coats of black spray paint.
This design was also found on the web. I put the design into my silhouette program, traced it and cut it out of Oramask 813 Stencil Film I purchased from https://expressionsvinyl.com/. I then weeded it out, removing all the negative pieces. I added my transfer tape, and removed the backing. I then put the design onto the painted piece of wood and removed the transfer tape, leaving the stencil secured to the wood.
This time I decided to paint the design with acrylic paints, GLITTER acrylic paints!!! <3 GLITTER!!!! You can't really tell from the photo, but in person it shines like a diamond. :-) I sponge painted the design in a couple layers of white glitter paint. Before it was completely dried I removed the stencil (carefully). Then when it was completely dried I went back in with a small brush and gold glitter paint. I added the gold to a couple small areas. In the very center of the design I decided to change it up, originally it had a mushroom, but I chose to replace it with a glitter red heart. When everything was dried and I was looking at it, I wasn't happy with all the black around the edges. So I pulled out my acrylics again, this time some metallic blue, purple, and pinks. I sponge painted around the design. I really liked the way it all turned out, and had fun creating it.

~Chantel 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Male Birthday Card

This card was made for a young man that I've never actually met. The young mans diagnosis is not a good one. He made a request to the public in our state, to receive birthday cards, LOTS of them for his birthday next month. Being that I don't actually know the young man, I just kinda had to guess what he would like. I figured motorcycles?? Doesn't all young men like motorcycles? I found the image on Google, printed it out on white cardstock. Cut it to size, and cut a piece of black card stock a little bit larger to put behind it. I attached it with foam tape. I colored it with Metallic Gel Pens. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from a stamp. I stamped the saying then heat embossed it with white embossing powder, onto black cardstock. I cut it out using a pair of difficult to use scissors. I have no idea what they are called? They came in a bag, with about a dozen different ones, all of which are difficult to cut with. I have had them for probably about ten years thou...

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel