Skip to main content

Alice in Wonderland-Stencil Art

I created this piece to go along with the one I did of the Mad Hatter. It is also made out of a piece of semi smooth wood approximately 24"x18". I also purchased this piece of wood at the same time as the one for the Mad Hatter. It was one piece that I had them cut for me. I then took it home and spray painted the whole thing with two coats of black spray paint.
This design was also found on the web. I put the design into my silhouette program, traced it and cut it out of Oramask 813 Stencil Film I purchased from https://expressionsvinyl.com/. I then weeded it out, removing all the negative pieces. I added my transfer tape, and removed the backing. I then put the design onto the painted piece of wood and removed the transfer tape, leaving the stencil secured to the wood.
This time I decided to paint the design with acrylic paints, GLITTER acrylic paints!!! <3 GLITTER!!!! You can't really tell from the photo, but in person it shines like a diamond. :-) I sponge painted the design in a couple layers of white glitter paint. Before it was completely dried I removed the stencil (carefully). Then when it was completely dried I went back in with a small brush and gold glitter paint. I added the gold to a couple small areas. In the very center of the design I decided to change it up, originally it had a mushroom, but I chose to replace it with a glitter red heart. When everything was dried and I was looking at it, I wasn't happy with all the black around the edges. So I pulled out my acrylics again, this time some metallic blue, purple, and pinks. I sponge painted around the design. I really liked the way it all turned out, and had fun creating it.

~Chantel 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mad Hatter Spray Paint Art

This piece of art I created to enter into a contest. The contest rules was you had to create something using Oramask 813 Stencil Film purchased from    https://expressionsvinyl.com/ . I didn't win the contest :'-( but had fun making this piece anyway. What I used was a piece of semi smooth wood approximately 24"x18". I purchased the wood at Home Depot. The silhouette of the Mad Hatter (The Johnny Depp version) I found online. I transferred the silhouette into my Silhouette program, traced it in the program, and cut it with my Cameo. The Wording at the bottom is one of the scripts that came with my Silhouette program. I also cut it out with my Cameo. I then weeded the whole thing....it took a lot of time, but I think was worth it. I weeded it backwards, so there would be no film in the areas that I wanted the design to show. The only stencil I left was the stencil in the negative areas. Reason being this was to be applied to the wood and spray painted. First I add

Just For You Card - Santoro Gorjuss Stamps

This is another of my Santoro Gorjuss Stamps. I believe it is the Gave You My Heart, but I can't find the box it came in, so I'm not 100% sure, sorry. I just LOVE these Gorjuss stamps, they are adorable!!! I have tried many different ways of coloring them in, this one I used colored pencils. After I had her colored in, I cut her out by hand (razor blade). I attached her using foam tape, to give her more dimension.  I used scrap papers from my pile for the remainder of the card. For the sentiment I stamped it, then used gold embossing powder, and heat set it. I cut it out by hand as well (I didn't yet own a die cutter). I also used foam tape on the sentiment. The decorative papers I attached with double sided tape. I then finished it off with a thin piece of satin ribbon, and tied it in a bow. (Yea my bows need work) :-( Happy Crafting All! ~Chantel

No Worries Card

So shark week is coming to an end. It is something that myself and husband watch every year, and thoroughly enjoy. I found the above image on Pinterest and decided it would make a GREAT card to celebrate the end of shark week. I colored her in with Copics, Blick Studio Markers, and Gel Pens. I cut her out with a die I purchased from Wish.com, the flower is also a die from Wish.com. The papers, and sentiment came from Coastal Premium Stack cardstock. This is a beautiful pad of cardstock that I highly recommend. I purchased it at Michaels.  Copics were used on skin- E000, E00, E93 Happy Crafting ~Chantel~